Introduction Post

             Hello everyone, my name is Kristina Puig. I am a 3rd year student at FSU currently pursuing a degree in History with a minor in Education. I enjoy baking, cooking, fish-keeping, and playing many different types of video games. My favorite animals are cats (you can see my cat in a picture below) and fun fact they are not all that different genetically from tigers!

            Technology has been around in my classroom for a long time, I went from very simple AR computers to full blown laptops throughout my education. I have used many different programs such as all of the office programs and their google counterparts. Technology has been a big part of the classroom whether it was for writing papers, taking tests, or even just researching different sources. Technology can be a very helpful tool in education that has allowed me and my classmates to do our work anywhere at anytime as well as having all the access to whatever resources we might need however sometimes I miss the times when technology was not as involved. This is not a realistic wish and technology is only going to get more and more prevalence in classrooms, hence the purpose of this class. 

                My learning networks include many online forums, history sites, and the library. Since I am a history major it does help to have access to digitized versions of important documents and books. This vast array of documents makes my work much easier seeing as I do not always have to go rooting around in the library for sources for my papers. I am looking to expand my learning networks with whatever information I find in this course. 

          



Comments

  1. Hi Kristina! I am also in my 3rd year and interested in history, though I am pursuing Editing, Writing, and Media as my major. I also wish that technology was not as involved in the classroom at times, despite its many uses. I believe that hand-on work and face-to-face communication are most important in an academic setting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #8

Blog 2