Blog #6

 

  • A paragraph about your initial experiences using Diigo. What do you like/not like about using Diigo? 

    • Diigo is an OK platform, I didn’t find it overly helpful or overly useless either. Diigo reminds me of another similar program I have used in one of my other classes and I don’t remember students finding it very useful. While it is nice to see what others have commented or highlighted on a certain text it can be a bit overwhelming or even impossible to find useful comments. People are usually just commenting on it to make sure they get credit for an assignment. One way I can see to work around it is to make it not mandatory and purely for their own personal use. 

  • A paragraph about your experience with blogging. What do you like/not like about blogging? What have you learned so far during the blogging process?

    • Blogging isn’t my favorite thing in the world but I’ve done it recreationally before and it is not a terrible experience. I like having the freedom to choose everything about our blogs, customization wise, as it gives me a bit more motivation to write. I don’t like using/posting on social media so this is not a negative for the blog but it’s content. Since I was already very familiar with bloggers I learned new things about sharing the page in particular and how to make a custom url for your blog. 

  • A paragraph about an interesting Web 2.0 tool that you might use when teaching. Do not choose a tool we have already covered (e.g., Diigo, Instagram, Twitter, and blogs). Write a brief review and include a link to the tool.

    • I personally liked the Wiki and YouTube Web 2.0 tools as I think these are the most useful when it comes to teaching. I like how the Wiki allows students to create pages and collaborate on work together with a creative flair. I also think a class wiki would be very fun to do about the different topics learned (also a great study tool for a final exam). YouTube has had my back personally in my educational career, between tutorial videos, lectures, and crash courses this will definitely be used in my classroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #8

Introduction Post

Blog 2